Registration of inheritance
A peculiarity of the law of succession is the close interweaving of the norms of family, civil, tax, and in some situations administrative and criminal branches of law. The intricacies of life situations can lead to the fact that legislative norms contradict each other. Additional problems are added by the presence of close family ties between the conflicting parties. To resolve the difficulties, it is advisable to involve an experienced lawyer in the procedure.
Registration of inheritance rights
The law provides for several options for registration of inheritance rights:
- The inheritance by will. As practice shows, the heirs dispute every second expression of will. Upon recognition of the will of the deceased, problems may arise with the division of inherited property.
- Inheritance by law. Property rights arise only with relatives of one line. The law equalizes adopted and blood children. Dependents of the deceased inherit with the main lineup. If the heir violates the rights of the testator or other successors, he may be deemed unworthy.
- Actual acceptance of the property of the deceased. The disadvantage of this option is the lack of documents confirming ownership. Therefore, subsequently, a citizen will have to turn to a notary public for registration of rights. In the absence of evidence of timely entry into law, you will need to go to court.
- Entry into the inheritance upon expiration of the term. The restoration of the term for obtaining property is possible only through a court. A citizen must prove that he missed the established application period (6 months) for a good reason. The law does not provide a list of such reasons, so the situation must be approached individually.
- Obtaining the required share. If the deceased owner did not provide a part of the property for the compulsory assignee, the heir will have to challenge the will in court. For this, it is necessary to prove incapacity for work and being dependent on the testator.
Services of a lawyer in the registration of inheritance rights
Legal support during the execution of the inheritance includes:
- collection of documents for inheritance;
- Representation of the principal’s interests in Moscow and abroad with a notary public, at the Federal Registration Service, in the traffic police, in court;
- filing a statement of claim;
- negotiations with other heirs;
- assistance in drawing up a property sharing agreement;
- renewal of inheritance property.
This is only part of the services that the heir may need when registering property rights. Therefore, it is advisable to involve a qualified lawyer by inheritance in the process.
Assistance of the lawyers of DTK Partners
At DTK Partners Law Agency you will find experienced lawyers who specialize in inheritance law. DTK Partners employees will provide support to protect your property rights.