At first glance, the divorce procedure seems simple. The legislator clearly stipulated a course of action in each situation. But in practice, legal norms are intertwined with a personal conflict situation. A rare couple manages to come to the point of divorce in friendly relations. In order not to mix property and non-property relations, it is advisable to attract the lawyers from DTK Partners in a timely manner.
The Family Code of Russian Federation provides the following divorce options:
- By mutual agreement and without minor children. In this case, the spouses apply to the regional office of civil registry. They file a joint application, pay the fee, and after 30 days receive a divorce certificate.
- Unilaterally. If one of the spouses is deprived of legal capacity, sentenced to a term of 3 years or more or declared missing, the second has the right to initiate a divorce process. In such a situation, you must contact the civil registry office. The applicant must have evidence of unilateral divorce.
- If there are minor children or if one of the parties is against. In such a situation, the application is filed with the magistrates court. The key point is the absence of a dispute about the residence of children. The application is considered after 30 days. In case of doubt about the need for a divorce, the judge may give additional time for reflection.
- If there is a dispute about the residence of children. In this case, the application should be submitted to the district (city) court.
Each of the options has its own difficulties. If there is a dispute about the division of property, it is advisable to put it in a separate proceeding.
Divorce Legal Services
The divorce lawyer will provide the following services:
- prepare documents;
- will receive documents-grounds for a unilateral divorce;
- submit documents to the civil registry office on behalf of one of the spouses (if he lives in another city);
- draw up an application for divorce;
- initiates a dispute about the place of residence of children;
- exacts child support for the maintenance of the spouse or child;
- helps to conclude an agreement on the payment of alimony or division of property;
- represent interests in litigation.
This is only part of the lawyer’s services you may need in a divorce.
Legal support from DTK Partners
The divorce process is a shock to each of the spouses and their children. In order not to aggravate the situation, each side needs a little time.
In this difficult period for you, specialists of DTK Partners will take on the process of preparing a divorce, sharing property and will help in determining the place of residence of children. We will assist in the recovery of alimony and other related issues.
We will provide legal services in Moscow and throughout the Russian Federation. Also, our specialists have experience in supporting divorces from foreigners.
Our lawyers will pass with you this difficult moment for your family.