refusal to pay insurance compensation
When paying for an insurance policy, you hope for the possibility of receiving reimbursement in the event of damage to your property or health. Therefore, the policyholder is always unpleasantly surprised when faced with a refusal to pay insurance compensation.
In 2020, with auto insurance, the policyholder can apply for damages to his company or the company of the culprit. As a rule, your own company begins to evade payment in every possible way. If the damage was caused only to property, the choice of the company is your right.
But with the failure of the insurer can be encountered in other cases. If an insurance dispute arises, it is advisable to contact the DTK Partners legal agency.
Refusal to pay insurance compensation
As practice shows, a refusal can be challenged exclusively in a judicial proceeding. Insurance companies do not seek to admit the fallacy of their decision voluntarily.
Judicial practice determines situations when the court satisfies the requirements of the insured:
- The insurance company refuses, as it suspected causing harm according to the intent of the insured. In this situation, it must provide the court with strong evidence. In the absence of documents that directly indicate intent, the court will satisfy the plaintiff and force the company to pay.
- The insurance premium was partially paid. Many companies provide services such as installment purchase. But when an insured event occurs, they indicate that the funds for the policy were not received in full. The court often takes the side of the plaintiff.
- The occurrence of the insured event in connection with the gross negligence of the insured. That is, the company claims that the policyholder himself is to blame for the damage, although he did not want it. But in this situation, cases stipulated by law, and not by contract, are taken into account. Therefore, the plaintiff also has a chance to challenge the decision.
- The deadline for submitting information about the insured event has expired. Even this clause of the contract can be challenged in court. In some cases, the court takes the side of the plaintiff.
So that independent actions do not lead to an undesirable result, you must preoccupy yourself with the search for a lawyer. A qualified insurance disputes lawyer will provide the following services:
- provide legal advice;
- warns of legal risks and provides an analysis of the situation;
- help in collecting evidence;
- draw up a lawsuit;
- pay the state fee;
- will help recover a forfeit;
- represent the interests of the principal in litigation and in negotiations with the insurance company.
Support from DTK Partners
DTK Partners Law Agency employs lawyers who have vast experience in the field of insurance disputes. We provide assistance and support in Moscow and beyond.