Foreign economic transactions
Foreign economic activity (FET) is an activity aimed at the international exchange of goods, services, intellectual property.
One of the types of foreign trade activities is foreign trade. These are foreign trade transactions.
The subjects of foreign trade are Russian and foreign individuals and legal entities engaged in foreign trade activities.
A feature of transactions is compliance with the laws of two countries at once. Since one of the parties to the contract is a foreign person, the document must be drawn up in 2 languages.
All this is particularly difficult for the parties and additional risks in the process of contract execution. To minimize risks, it is advisable to involve a qualified lawyer. Specialists of DTK Partners will provide full legal support for the foreign trade activities.
Structuring Foreign Economic Transactions
Structuring of foreign trade transactions includes:
- The choice of the form and procedure for execution of a transaction.
- Selection of applicable law.
- Risk assessment and minimization.
- Definition of tax payments and their minimization.
- Application of Incoterms.
The help of a lawyer in foreign economic transactions will be necessary for your company in the following cases:
- registration of the clients as a participant in foreign economic activity (payment of duties, registration of foreign economic activity cards);
- legal expertise of the contract;
- conclusion of contracts with organizations for the implementation of the transaction (logistics, transport company, freight forwarders, loading and unloading company);
- execution of contracts with carriers (automobile, river, sea, air or rail);
- support with customs clearance;
- exchange of documents with foreign counterparties.
The lawyers of DTK Partners will provide you with the following services:
- legal advice on transactions in the field of foreign trade;
- drafting of foreign economic contracts;
- representation of the interests of the principal in the customs authorities;
- appeal of illegal actions, omissions and decisions of specialists of customs authorities;
- accompaniment of customs disputes in court (adjustment of customs value);